cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Sftp the only option available in Callmanager 7.0 Disaster Recovery?

billbroom
Level 1
Level 1

We just upgraded to Callmanager 7.1 and in setting up the disaster recovery backup schedule and server I am not able to configure it for anything other than an sftp server. Are there any other options that I am not seeing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only other option is this:

Tape Device—Stores  the backup file on a locally attached tape drive. Choose the  appropriate tape device from the list.

Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide for  Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/7_0_1/DRS_CUCM/drsag701.html

Those are the 2 options we provide.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only other option is this:

Tape Device—Stores  the backup file on a locally attached tape drive. Choose the  appropriate tape device from the list.

Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide for  Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/7_0_1/DRS_CUCM/drsag701.html

Those are the 2 options we provide.

HTH

java

HTH

java

brendand05
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it is very frustrating and illustrates that Cisco is out of touch with market demand.

Many of my customers have commented negativaly on this.

I had one client with 4 cisco products and we had to implement 4 different backup methods

Consistency across product lines is needed

Would like to see

- Support for SMB/NTFS shares

- Support for backup to USB drive

You/they can get in touch with the account manager and submit a PER for those.

If there's more people asking for it, the BU will study the possiblity.

HTH

java

HTH

java

billbroom
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the quick response. Any recommendations on a good sftp server tool? Filezilla appears not to have this feature or am I mistaken? Thanks again

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: