cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to have more than 5 lines on Cisco 88xx phone?

Sean Grubb
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a phone template with more than 5 lines. We have the 8811 throughout our network and it has 10 buttons on the face, I just kind of figured it was a shame if you couldn't use more than just the 5 to the left. I tried to create a template that had 6 lines but it gave me an error when the phone tried to register. According to this: https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCus85518 it is a bug present in our current firmware. It doesn't specifically say you can have more than 5 lines if I upgrade them to 11, but it does say known fixed releases. I just want to make sure that I can actually have more than 5 lines before I decide to upgrade the firmware.

Thanks in advance.

21 Replies 21

I created a new phone button template, set the option on the device, I can configure more lines now but it does not show on the phone. Any one else having trouble?

I am having the same problem with the 8851. Active Load sip88xx.11-7-1-17

I can build a button template and program 10 DN's, but only 5 show on the display. 

I have set the Enhanced Line Mode. Didn't change anything.

It is now working. I have to unplug and plug back in the phone and it work great, all 10 line are showing up.

We are running sip88xx.12-0-1SR1-1 and when I enable Enhanced Line Mode - I do not see the ability to "Add a new DN" when modifying the buttons.  I do the ability to add Speed Dials - but not actual DNs. 

System version: 10.5.2.11900-3

Cisco 8841

sip88xx.12-0-1SR1-1

We tried adding 6 lines. Created 6 DN template

Result: 6th line does not appear - Device: "Partially Registered"

It appears th elines will not carry over to buttons on right side of display

Hi John,

Did you install the newest device package for you CUCM? And I'm not talking about a specific phone firmware, but the whole package.

When you install it, and you go to the device page configuration, you'll find a setting named: Line Mode.

So just set it to be: Enhanced Line Mode. Save & Apply the configurations and it should work.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not currently possible, such is only possible at this time on the 78XX series

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate