cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to select CUCM media resources based on latency?

steakandeggs
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way in CUCM to choose a conference bridge based on the latency between endpoints and the conference bridge?

3 Replies 3

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

I would think you could use CAC based on the location field which should take into account the bandwidth.

Use locations to implement call admission control (CAC) in a centralized  call-processing system. CAC enables you to regulate audio quality and  video availability by limiting the amount of bandwidth that is available  for audio and video calls over links between locations. The location  specifies the total bandwidth that is available for calls to and from  this location.

From the drop-down list box, choose the appropriate location for this conference bridge.

A location setting of Hub_None means that the  locations feature does not keep track of the bandwidth that this  conference bridge consumes. A location setting of Phantom specifies a location that enables successful CAC across intercluster trunks that use H.323 protocol or SIP.

To configure a new location, use the System > Location menu option.

For more details about locations, see the Location Configuration topic. For an explanation of location-based CAC across intercluster trunks, see Location-Based Call Admission Control Over Intercluster Trunk in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager System Guide.

TONY

CAC is based on administratively fixed bandwidth sizing. I mean can we dynamically reorder the MRGL based on real time latency between endpoints or endpoint subnets and media resources? I assume not but is this on the roadmap?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No you cannot, media resources are statically assigned via MRG/MRGL and would require admin changes.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: