cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any reason NOT to install new CUCM with version 10?

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

We're finally getting near the install of a new CUCM (brand new, starting from scratch...never had it here before).   Version 10 has been out for a bit now, so is there any reason you can think of to NOT install 10 and go with the lastest version 9 install instead?  Naturally, I'd like to start out with the newest release as long as it's readily available and not full of bugs.  

Any opinions or experience with this?

Thanks            

3 Replies 3

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Haven't tested version 10 by now. Version 10 is brand new and that might be a point why version 9 might be the better choise. Version 9 has been tested by many customers.

If you want to use any 3rd party product the compatibility might be another point.

New products never work perfectly...

If its going to be a new installation i would suggest going for 10.x for the following reasons:

1) You may run into existing bugs on version 9.x which are fixed in version 10.x

2) If you install 9.x and for some reason ( like a bug or to get a new feature ) you need to upgrade to version 10.x after a few weeks or months, it is a major upgrade and you need to pay for licensing for 10.x.

3) Here is a list of new features in 10.x , some of which you may want to have on your cluster

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/10_0_1/delta/CUCM_BK_C206A718_00_cucm-new-and-changed-1001_chapter_010.html

I hope i haven't added to the confusion

Manish

That's my thoughts so far....going with version 10.  Unless the vendor or others here can tell us some very good reasons (from experience with V10) why we should stick with 9.  We'll have a little time to test it before we switch many people over to it, so the pressure is slightly off of us to have it perfect from the start.  If there were a couple minor bugs with V10 that we found that could be worked out in a reasonable amount of time, I think it would be worth starting out with 10.  But if there are horror stories of people using V10 and having to go back to 9 because the problems were so bad, then of course we'd want to stay away from v10 for now.  But that's why I'm asking about this now...just to see what others know about it or have experienced with v10 already.  :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: