Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is VMware Converter supported for copying UC Apps to another ESXi Server

Hi all,

I have the following requirements, but i am not sure if it will supported or not.

I will use the "new identity Feature" of CUCM, CUCxN and CUPS runnning under VMware ESXi 4.1 and UCS-210M2. For this i will install all the Pubslishers (CUCM, CUCxN and CUPS) on the 1st UCS-Server. Then i will copy these over to the second UCS-Server and use the "new identity Feature" to make them Subscriber Server.

Is this a Cisco supported way of doing this? In the docwiki i only found that VMware Converter is not supported for P2V scenarios. It says nothing about copying a virtual CUCM, CUCxN and CUPS from one EXSi Host to antoher. (http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#VMware_vCenter_Converter)

Any input is welcome.

/Robert

3 Replies 3

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

AFAIK VMware converter isnt supported, basically if its not written then its not supported ( default rule of thumb).

From what i understand this way isnt supported method of going installing subscribers.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Niket

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Installing a subscriber is more than just a "install software on another machine" Updates are made to the publisher's database, to notify it about the new subscriber. This can only be done via the CUCM installer.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

In my understanding, that is what the "new identity" Feature is for. Install Publisher -> Copy/Clone it -> Start the cloned Publisher, run the command "utils import config" along with platformConfig.xml file.

But maybe i misunderstood the Process of the "new identity" Feature.

/Robert