Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN 10 configuration to 2821

I have a site in Singapore currently using this service in their current phone system.  We are planning to move it over to our 2821 and give them IP phones, but I need some guidance.

I have done many domestic T1 PRI connections to voice gateways, but never an E1 or ISDN 10.

I know I will need to configure the controller E1, but what are the specifics for the timeslots?  (Guessing: pri-group timeslots 1-10)?

Along with that, do you know what the D channel is?  I have seen ISDN 30 configurations in Australia, using pri-group timeslots 1-31, and that uses channel 15 for the D channel.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ISDN 10 configuration to 2821

The D channel is used for signaling and is always channel 24 on a PRI and 16 on an E1.

Your guess on the configuration is correct.  Also note that MGCP is not supported on a fractional PRI.  H323 and SIP will be just fine.

Re: ISDN 10 configuration to 2821

• for case on e1, this is easy part for gateway.

you have to use h.323 gateway and then configure controller e1 with line code, framing and pri group time slots1-10

then see that gateway is working for calls over pri e1

but for this part use as a h.323 not as mgcp/

amit

Warm Regard's =========== Amit
Views
Helpful
Replies