Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

isdn bchan-number-order ascending round-robin is applied but not working

isdn bchan-number-order ascending round-robin is applied but not working

ios c3825-spservicesk9-mz.124-21.bin

relevant config

controller E1 0/3/0
 framing NO-CRC4
 pri-group timeslots 1-31

interface Serial0/3/0:15
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 no logging event link-status
 no snmp trap link-status
 isdn switch-type primary-net5
 isdn overlap-receiving
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn bchan-number-order ascending round-robin
 trunk-group 1
 no cdp enable

my problem is this:-

At the moment calls are leaving on the first available channel of my h323 voice gateway PRI, I can apply this command to the interface fine but it makes no difference the b cannels are always being picked on a first come  first served basis . I have also tried combination "isdn bchan-number-order decending" and "isdn bchan-number-order descending round-robin" but it makes no difference , the first b channel is always selected .

Any ideas , if you think its a bug can u identify the bug id as I cannot find it .

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Hello I can see that you use

Hello

I can see that you use ascending , that why you hit 1st channel.You have to choose one of these commands ascending or descending

I have a question here , for your incoming calls which channel hits ?.FYI isdn bchan-number-order descending is enable by default , so if you need to change you have to type ascending. Can you just share incoming calls which channel hits?.This is because before you define your outgoing calls , you have to check your service provider channel used, and this to avoid error channel is not available.

Command
Router(config-if)# isdn bchan-number-order {ascending | descending}

Purpose
Enables B channel selection for outgoing calls on a PRI interface (optional).

Thanks

please rate all useful information

thanks for the reply  but

thanks for the reply  but without this command it selects the order 1-31 , with the order in any combination it still selects ch1 if free every time  ie ascending/ descending , not applied  or round robin

the i/c calls from the telco come in in the order 31-1

my aim is really to apply bchan-number-order ascending round-robin so in theory if all channels are free it picks up ch1 first , then ch2 etc ..  it is not doing this either ..

so in answer to your reply , it does not matter if i apply ascending or decending  it is always using the order ascending ( first free channel)

hellono , i did not mention

hello

no , i did not mention that. I said as above the default behaviour is descending , but before you are going to change it to ascending you have to check incoming calls to avoid a famous isdn error "channel is not available". So as per your answer you incoming calls from ITSP uses descending , so if you use ascending , no issues for change and everything should be ok .Now , if you are going to isdn ascending from your VG , if you have CUCM , you have to change the configuration of your controller timesolts from up to down . Your outgoing calls will hit starting from Channel 1 -31.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

This is an h323 gateway ,

This is an h323 gateway , channel selection is done on mgcp gateways . the default is ascending on this gateway , i/c calls are descending .

With no config ( see original input) o/g calls are using ch1 > 31  and i/c calls use b channels 31 > 1

Views
Helpful
Replies