Helpful
Replies

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager for PRI is not supported - MGCP Gateway

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Ive been trying to get my VGW (Voice Gateway) registered with my CUCM_7.1

I need to add the isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager in my serial interface. BUT THIS COMMAND IS NOT SUPPORTED

The only command similar to this is isdn bind-l3 q931.

I tried changing the IOS from c3825-spservicesk9-mz.124-15.T10 to c3825-spservicesk9-mz.124-24.T and it gives me nothing.

Ive checked the document - https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-2682 and it says that a bug CSCed15644 is acting up. Ive tried to do the resolution steps and still I end up in vain.

Looking forward to all your suggestions urgently.

Regards,

Shabeeb

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the commend "service mgcp" allows you to bind l3 to cucm otherwise without the "service mgcp "on the controller configures it as h323 and so the bind l3 back to cucm is not allowed since the iOS thinks you are configuring the controller as h323

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Just to try my luck, I even tried with IOS - c3825-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T2.bin

Its still the same.

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

its working now..

what i did was the following -

initially - the controller was configured as pri-group timeslots 1-31

i changed this into pri-group timeslots 1 - 31 service mgcp

The command appreared and pretty much working fine now..

hi Shabeeb,

Please post your "show run" and "show inventory".

Thanks,

Karthik

the commend "service mgcp" allows you to bind l3 to cucm otherwise without the "service mgcp "on the controller configures it as h323 and so the bind l3 back to cucm is not allowed since the iOS thinks you are configuring the controller as h323

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I have tried without the service mgcp in many client sites and it has worked fine.. thats why i followed suit.. anyway, this is a lesson learned.. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: