Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI connection problem

alicicmirzet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having the problem in setting up ISDN BRI connection to PSTN. I am runnign Cisco CME 4.1 on Cisco 2801 router platform. I am having simply two Cisco IP phoones. They are registered to CME and I can make the calls between them.

I am trying to make PSTN connection, but without the sucess. I cannot make outside calls and inside calls are not also pssible. In the attachmet there is debug isdn q931 commant.

If some one can help. thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Understand, TEI is classic case of problems with BRI.

Now, I think that if you get to know username and password that are configured on the Patton, you could eliminate it completely, terminating the SIP trunk directly on the router. An easy way to do that, is to place an ethereral on Patton's ethernet.

To make more ephone ring simultaneously, create an ephone-dn with the called number, then assign this ephone-dn to multiple ephones via button command.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It appears that a call got stuck. Please reboot the router. Which IOS are you using ?

Hi,

I am using the following image c2801-spservicesk9-mz.124-11.XJ.bin

I have tried many times but it does not work. I have also to mention that my BRI port is connected to PATTON VoIP router which is terminating NT, and not to clasical NT terminal.

Could it be the problem with the Service Provider or me?

Could it be the problem of IOS, any suggestions:

Waiting for reply,

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

please upgrade to 12.4(11)XJ3 that has many bg fixes.

The send again the q931 traces, for incoming and outgoing once the stuck call has been cleared.

Hi,

I will try to upgrade to 12.4(11)XJ3 IOS version, but it will last for few days.

In mean time I have the IOS version 12.4(3)G 12.4(4)XC4 and 12.4(4)XC6.

Which one would be best to use in order to solve this ISDN BRI connectivity problem?

Thanx in advance,

12.4(4)XC6 will work.

In reality any should work, but in the attachment above you had a stuck call. What is your config ?

Hi,

Here is my running config,

Waiting for reply,

Thanx

Hi,

I have just solved the problem. I have added the comand

isdn static-tei 0 in ISDN BRI interface and everything is working, outgoing and incoming calls

I was never tolf from Service Provider to asign static tei of 0 !!!!!

I would like to tank you for reply to my messages,

At the end one more question, how do I configure IP phones to ring simultaneously, when the call from outside is received,

Regards,

Alicic

Understand, TEI is classic case of problems with BRI.

Now, I think that if you get to know username and password that are configured on the Patton, you could eliminate it completely, terminating the SIP trunk directly on the router. An easy way to do that, is to place an ethereral on Patton's ethernet.

To make more ephone ring simultaneously, create an ephone-dn with the called number, then assign this ephone-dn to multiple ephones via button command.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

hi,

Thanx for the reply. I just made the configuration without the problem,

Thanx once again,

Alicic

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: