Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

ISDN BRI & VoIP/IPT at Home

Hi,

I have UK ISDN BRI circuit coming into my home. I would like to connect a gateway upto this and run CME. Hopefully I can then begin to build ontop of this like adding CUE.

I have the following qtns:

1) What is the minimum router (Gateway) platform to be provisioned?

2) What modules do I require?

3) Which version of code is needed?

4) Since I will be replacing anologue cordless phone, will the Cisco Wireless IP phone be any good and are there any additions required?

thanks in advance

Ajaz Nawaz

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: ISDN BRI & VoIP/IPT at Home

Hi,

CUE-AIM can be hosted on the 2801 ISR. Actually you could use even smaller router live 1721-V, 1751-V, but these don't support CUE and are going end of sales soon if not already. So these are better for buying used gear.

you need a voice bundle, a BRI card and nothing else basically nothing talk to your reseller and if unsure come back here with the proposed list.

Try to get also a smartnet contract so you can register for CCO download and upgrade code as you whish.

The Cisco wireless phones are good if you like them, else a traditional one, better if with ISDN will work as weel. Watch out the the linksys phones aren't supported by CME right now but they will eventually.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content