cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN errors

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

I have PRI ISDN connection between Cisco 2801 VoIP gateway and PBX (Bosch) also I have another PRI ISDN to PSTN. From some phones on PBX I have outgoing i incoming calls but from others I cannot make outgoing calls. In the attach I put debug isdn q931 for phones that cannot make a call.

19 Replies 19

Hi,

at first thank you for all support what you gave me. But I still have the problem. I've changed the IOS also tried the command but the same errors I'm getting "Channel_ID IE invalid 96 (0x60)". Pls if you have time look th router log from the last attempt as also the schema of my network. If find any mistake which I made it pls show me or suggest some steps in configuration dial-peer or something else.

The behavior of the system is very strange because from some inside telephone I can always make a call (see the router log) but from some I cannot make a call. If you need more information or if you need specific detail pls tell to pick it up from the router.

Hi,

see that you are getting the INFORMATIONAl messages that will make the called number. But I see that all the numbers you tried were invalid. Call a valid number and should be fine.

Let you help me to understand:

For example I'm user on PBX when I want to call outside I press "0" and after that press the rest of number (061.., 033...,etc.)PBX removes "0" and send the rest of numbers to PBX.

Now I've just put PRI from PBX to router and router took PRI to PSTN. The User from PBX again press the "0" and dial the rest numbers. Which dial peer I have to have on router? The first:

"dial-peer voice 20 pots

answer-address 0T

port 0/2/0:15"

to reach the router and the second

"dial-peer voice 10 pots

description to PSTN

destination-pattern .T

port 0/3/0:15"

to reach PSTN. Is this correct? Or I have to have the first dial-peer

"dial-peer voice 20 pots

answer-address 33286...

port 0/2/0:15"

And this is for outgoing calls I mean from local phone to outside world.

In the case for incoming call I have to have next:

"dial-peer voice 30 pots

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:15"

"dial-peer voice 40 pots

destination-pattern ...

direct-inward-dial

port 0/2/0:15

"

Are these correct?

Yes.

suppose you know that the shortest number that can be called to PSTN is three digits, a valid dial-peer would be

dial-peer voice 10 pots

description to PSTN

destination-pattern ...T

forward-digits all <--- important to prevent DP to consume matched digits

port 0/3/0:15

now for the other questions:

- you don't need answer-address unless you are trying to match calling number and do something special with it.

- you don't need port x/y/z for incoming DP with direct-inward-dial. You need instead correct "incoming called-number", eg:

incoming called-number .+

will catch everything, while

incoming called-number 33286... will catch that pattern only, the rest would receive dial-tone.

also remember that when collecting overlap on one side to send enbloc, you are looking for interdigit timeout to terminate collect and dial, so make sure the corresponding timer under voice-port is set low enough, like 4 or 5.

finally remember that having correct DP for outgoing will aslso help shortening and controlling calling from users. Suppose you know that all cellphones numbers in your contry start with 48 followed by seven digits, then:

destination-pattern 48.......

forward-digits all

will produce no wait for interdigit timeout for calls to cellphones.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I'll do it tonight. Also I'll hope it will help us.

I want to vote for you with maximum points for all your effort until now. But also I 'll hope will be in touch till end of this issue.