Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Modems with Callmanager 8.6

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

He have CUCM 8.6 and 2911er Series Voice Gateways. We now want to integrate/use up to 20 ISDN modems. Is there some kind of hardware outsite like VGV224 analog trunk panel or 187 ATAs? We will have a E1 interface on voice gateway site where all the ISDN modem traffic will go through. But there is no place in this router to install as much BRI Interface modules to get 20 ISDN modems up and running.

Hope someone can help me.

Regards

Rene

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not easily doable. Either you spend for so many BRI interfaces, or upgrade  the application that works with ISDN modems to work over IP instead..

Is there no appliance or piece of hardware outside which can handle it?

Either Cisco routers with many modules, or third party for which I have no idea, and for which Cisco does not guarantee interoperability. However it is is possible (I'm not sure) that cisco interface support ST multipoint, in that case you could connect multiple TE devices to a same port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: