cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN PRI - E1 problem

Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 in my voice gateway (2821). These are configuration on provider's side :

- isdn switch type Euro

- framing no-crc4

- linecode hdb3

- network side

- d-channel 16

- timeslots 1-31

Here is my configuration :

network-clock-participate slot 1

network-clock-select 1 e1 1/0

isdn switch-type primary-net5

controller e1 1/0

framing no-crc4

linecode hdb3

pri-group timeslots 1-31

no shut

int s1/0:15

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

no shut

So far, the link is always up and down. I see that layer 2 is sometimes up before get RAI or LOF detected message and down. Cisco documentation said to try loopback test and change another port. I have tried both of them, but still can't find solution. The provider said that they use Lucent on their device. does anyone experience with Lucent and Cisco compatibility ? See attached file on debug events, debug isdn q921, and debug q931.

Regards,

suwa

16 Replies 16

An unhappy event showed up a few days after being stable. Yes! the link went flapping again. After searching it for weeks, finally I got (from my senior) a TAC Case looked alike with my case. It said that the module had to be configured as normal mode. The default of my card was wetting current mode. Since turning to normal mode, issue has been solved. Just check it:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/voice/showcase?case=K84133319

Hope this post able to help others with the same case.

Regards.

Good info, thanks! Regards to the senior.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: