Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN PRI incoming calls problem

Guys,

I am having a bit of a trouble here, i am able to make out going calls for all the extensions, but on an inbound call from out side on any of the PRI numbers, i get a dial tone after dialing, after which if i dial the extension number, the extension rings other wise not can any one please help me out to resolve this issue i am also attaching the config file.

• IP Telephony
13 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: ISDN PRI incoming calls problem

Your DP 1 is not matching the called number:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number 1..

Change to what you see in "debug isdn q931" and the call will accepted.

I don't know if you have DID and if so what "dialplan-pattern" is needed under telephony-service. That is also needed to ring the extensions directly from outside.

thanks for ur reply i had tried using 1.. in dial peer but it did not work

i also configured dialplan patter

the DID range is from 8020100 to 8020299

Hall of Fame Super Gold

So configure incoming called-number 8020...

You can remove the port from the incoming DP, it is not used.

and "dialplan-pattern 1 8020... extension-length 3"

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

i tried the paramaters mentioned still the same.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Then just use .. for incoming called-number in the DP that has direct-inward-dial. Or take debugs isdn q931 with term mon and place the correct number.

ok i ll try this tomorrow and reply abt the result

Hi,

put the cmd "direct-inward-dial" under your POTS dial peers this should stop the secondary dial tone, also how many digits is your service provider presenting BT present 6 by default so unless you have asked for only 3 to be presented you will need a translation pattern to change the incoming 6 digits to 3.

I hope this helps

Dear Anderson

the number provided by the telco is 8020222 the range i have been given is 8020100 to 299.i hav configrued the extensions starting from 100 to 135 i have arleady put direct-inward-dial. can u tell me how to do the translation.

Cheers

aamir

Hall of Fame Super Gold

The command under telephony-service is:

dialplan-pattern 1 8020... extension-len 3

This assumes telco is sending 7 digits for called number thing that you can verify with "term mon" and "debug isdn q931".

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.