Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN q931

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts

Our toll free number is mapped to a landline number from ITSP, when PSTN users dials the toll free number sometime they are routed properly to our  premises and sometimes it plays audio " number is not valid please chk the number and dial again"

Attached are the debug logs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Issue with dial plan overlapping..successful call getting dial peer 1 but another call is getting dial peer 30 and this is trying to go out using E1.

Create a specific dial per as below and then check.

dial-peer voice XX voip
 tone ringback alert-no-PI
 destination-pattern 050
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 voice-class h323 1
 session target ipv4:192.168.1.1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

Suresh

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Issue with dial plan overlapping..successful call getting dial peer 1 but another call is getting dial peer 30 and this is trying to go out using E1.

Create a specific dial per as below and then check.

dial-peer voice XX voip
 tone ringback alert-no-PI
 destination-pattern 050
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 voice-class h323 1
 session target ipv4:192.168.1.1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

Suresh

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '50'
Called Party Number i = 0x81, '050' 

Called number is different in different calls that's why its matching other outgoing dial-peer , you may need to talk with telco on this.

Thanks

Manish

Or you may create a separate dial-peer with destination-pattern 50 and point it to 192.168.1.1. Because call is failing when called number comes in as "50".

Hi Manish,

Sorry to say; but this issue is not related to telco, actually dialed number is 050 only, but it taking pots dial-peer 30 and there destination pattern is set to 0T, so it striping '0'.

Actually dial-peer 1 & 30 (from Gateway -> CUCM) are overlapping so these need to be configured specifically.

Suresh

Oh yeah i missed that portion , thanks for pointing it out. +5.

Dear suresh,

Dial peer 1 is for the routing towards CUCM and dial-peer 30 it is towards PSTN, it shld match the dial-peer 1

thanks

Dear,

Have you tried to configure another voip dial peer as suggested above ?

As per your requirement it should match dial peer 1 only, but due to misconfiguration its taking 30 as well because it is matching this also.

Dial-peer 1: destination pattern is [7,8,0]..

Above dial peer is matching 050 and/or (7xx, 8xx and 0xx)

Dial-peer 30: destination pattern is 0T

Above dial peer is also matching 050 and/or (0<N number of digits>)

Hope this clarifies yours doubts.

Suresh

Dears Experts

Thank for the reply,

my goal is to reach internal DN 050 for which i have created a route pattern pointing to the sip trunk on a system which is acting as small business contact center. I have selected internal partition while creating a route pattern so i hope that is not affecting.

tollfree no >>>> DID (050)>>>>route pattern towards 050 which is on third party contact center >>>>third party contact center routing calls to agents>>>>>

there is no such extension 50 the PSTN user is trying to reach extension 050 and sometimes he is able to reach and sometime not,

thanks

Go through the suggestion the Suresh mentioned above.

Hello

+5 from me also

Yes i did the config as suresh suggested and its working, but how it was concluded by troubleshooting logs can anybody post the logs here which concludes the issue.

from my perspective incoming dial-peer 11 and then the dial-peer 1 for reaching to call manager , why it need the dial-peer 30 for going out, our call is coming to the premises and it is not going out to the pstn.

please clarify.

thanks

Dear,

Please mark this post as answered so it will be helpful to others to go through.

In logs just you need to verify that what called-number (dest=) is coming from telco (here it is 050) and which pots dial-peer its taking from telco to gateway (here it is taking 'dial-peer 11') and then you need to check which voip dial peer it takes to goto cucm from gateway (here it must take dial-peer 1) but as per logs it was taking 30 (just see below portion). So this was the problem.

Destination Pattern=0T, Called Number=50, Digit Strip=TRUE
Jul 22 11:04:24.074: //61013/C6126C56AFFC/CCAPI/ccCallSetupRequest:
   Calling Number=99672672(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown, Screening=Network, Presentation=Allowed),
   Called Number=50(TON=Unknown, NPI=ISDN),
   Redirect Number=, Display Info=
   Account Number=, Final Destination Flag=TRUE,
   Guid=C6126C56-10C6-11E4-AFFC-2893FE23F950, Outgoing Dial-peer=30

Suresh

DEAR SURESH,

if i dial other DN such as starting from 7, 8,  they are reaching perfect by dial peer 1 then why only DN 050 is affected.

thanks

Dear, Nice Query ;-) On my comments here on this page you can see a button  "Correct Answer ", just you need to click that.

if i dial other DN such as starting from 7, 8,  they are reaching perfect by dial peer 1 then why only DN 050--- This is because, these numbers are not starting with '0' so they will not match 0T destination pattern of dial-peer 30

Suresh