cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISIP Phone on CME with Skype for SIP Trunk - no PSTN calls

aciscolook
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with my ISIP phone installed on my iphone/ipod-touch making PSTN calls out through a Skype for SIP trunk on CME.

The interesting thing is that I also have another CME that uses a regular FXO PSTN connection and the ISIP phone has no trouble making PSTN calls

in this environment.

Internal calls work fine...I can even use my ISIP phone to call an internal extension that is call forwarding to a PSTN number and it WORKS!!...just can't do it directly from the ISIP phone

Would you know what the problem or solution might be to this?  It appears to be due to the SIP trunk.

Thanks for your help

3 Replies 3

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Codec mismatch?  You didn't provide any details of the nature of the trouble you are having, so I am just guessing.  I would typically start troubleshooting SIP troubles by getting a SIP trace and seeing what is going on.  You should be able to turn on some debugs in the CME or capture the packets at the interface and use Wireshark to filter the SIP messages.

Brandon

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

I wonder if you or someone could take a look at the trace i attached:

it includes the running config relevant to voice and debugs of CCSIP and DIAL-PEER VOICE

It would still help to get a decription of the trouble you are having.  There is no sip messaging in the attached file, but I noticed 2 things:

1. Calling Number=299, Called Number=ABCD918088374300 looks odd to me as if you are inserting ABCD in front of your dialed number?

2. Disconnect Cause (SIP)   : 486 means 'busy'

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: