cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue headset for ip phone 7962

alanbatres
Level 1
Level 1

I have problems with a headset plantronics HW251N attached to a cisco 7962G, i cant transfer call's when the user answer a call with the headset, i can't transfer the call's, on the phone screen does not appear the option transfer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alan,

I'll just add this note to the good advice from my friend Java (+5 Java-man!)

If you are running the firmware listed below it may be this bug and you would need to get the "fixed-in" firmware version from TAC;

Problems transferring/answering calls when using headset with 79XX phone
CSCun26289

Symptom:
- When a user attempts to transfer a call, the original call is placed on hold, but the user is not able to dial the transfer destination.
- When a user already has an active call on their phone, they are unable to answer a new incoming call. The original call is placed on hold, and the new call is simply disconnected.

Conditions:
- Using a headset with a 7900 series phone
- Running firmware 9.3(1)SR4

Workaround:
- Do not use a headset
- Rollback to 9.3(1)SR3 or earlier

Known Fixed Releases:
(1)
9.3(1)ES27

Cheers!
Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You probably want to open a TAC on that for further investigation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alan,

I'll just add this note to the good advice from my friend Java (+5 Java-man!)

If you are running the firmware listed below it may be this bug and you would need to get the "fixed-in" firmware version from TAC;

Problems transferring/answering calls when using headset with 79XX phone
CSCun26289

Symptom:
- When a user attempts to transfer a call, the original call is placed on hold, but the user is not able to dial the transfer destination.
- When a user already has an active call on their phone, they are unable to answer a new incoming call. The original call is placed on hold, and the new call is simply disconnected.

Conditions:
- Using a headset with a 7900 series phone
- Running firmware 9.3(1)SR4

Workaround:
- Do not use a headset
- Rollback to 9.3(1)SR3 or earlier

Known Fixed Releases:
(1)
9.3(1)ES27

Cheers!
Rob

Yes, you're right, the phone has that version of fw.

I'm gonna to change it.

Thanks.

Hi Rob!

I did the rollback to 9.3 the tranfer action work perfectly, but now another bug appear, when the phone receive a call the led of the line who receive the call does not blink.

Did you see this behavior before ?

Cheers

Hi Rob!

Problem Solved !!! I just only delete the other fw from the flash, no create and create cnf files and everything fine!!!

Thnks a lot.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: