Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue in Call Forward to Voicemail

SAURABH KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing an issue in my cisco telephony while making one phone forward to another phone. Below is the Scenario.

I have 2 phones, A & B , i have forwarded all calls of Phone A to Phone B. So when i call Phone A its gets forwarded and rings on Phone B. And on Phone B forward all Busy internal or external, Forward no answer internal or external to voicemail is checked.

Now the issue is when call on Phone A gets forwarded to Phone B and iff guy on phone B doesnt answer the call, it doesnt go to Phone B voicemail,

Iff the Caller number is Displayed on Phone B it goes to Phone B voicemail.

If DID of phone A is displayed on Phone B it goes to voicemail with a message welcome to Cisco Unity messaging system, without a greeting.

If Local Extension of Phone A is displayed on Phone B, call goes to Phone A voicemail.

I am not able to understand what is happening here.

Please give me some solution. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Saurabh Kumar

4 Replies 4

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Saurabh,

The following document will answer your question in detail:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1755

-Best Regards

D-A-V_i-D

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply and sharing the link with me. But i am not able to understand why i am getting 3 different caller ID when i am making a call to phone A.

Hello Saurabh,

This is due to:

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

Just to add additional input to Chris suggestion, if you do the change of "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call" , make sure you understand the full impact in your dial plan deployment, to avoid other possible call routing issues.

DAV_i-D

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In Unity Connection check "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call" parameter under Advanced --> Conversations settings to change this system wide.

HTH,

Chris