Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with call handler recording

dkantharaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am having a strange issue when I try to record a new message using my extension. I had done this in the past using my same office line but cannot get the line to work now.

I click onthe record button in the Greetings window, it is pointed to my extensiona and the unity server address is listed. My phone rings but when I answer there is nothing. The hourglass stays on the screen and if I hang up the phone rings back to my extension again with nothing happening.

I have to end the session to exit this loop.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

To do this, you will need to push the red record button first. Once you push this button, Unity will attempt to place an outbound call to the phone number you defined. The phone should ring, and once you answer it, you will hear a beep tone, at which point you can record your greeting.

Yeah I am good right up to the point where the phone rings.

No beep or chance for recording, it just hangs there.

If I hang up the phone it rings me back until I exit the web app.

which greeting are you configuring?

Standard. closed, alternate?

What are your call transfer settings?

Is dcom enabled on the Unity server and your workstation.

Can you use VMO and hear a message?

Randy

DanatShekhe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have same problem. My PC and Unity/Domino servers in different domains. May be the problem in domains?

When I recording message from mail client on Lotus Domino server here is all ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: