cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issue with cisco ip phone 7962 when using headset

douglasmhines
Level 1
Level 1

i have successfully mated the plantronics CS55 headset with the cisco IP phone 7962.  now my only issue is, when i use the headset, the audio sound is still being sent to the hand held receiver.  did i configure it incorrectly?  i don't think so as i am using both ports on the back of the phone (one for the headset and the other for the hand-held receiver).  i am thinking there must be a way to have the audio signal not sent to the handset when i use the headset.

any ideas?

currently i am just unplugging the cord into the handset when i use the headset, but that is quite annoying.

many thanks in advance for any help.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Douglas,

You are likely seeing this

CSCsr65970            Bug Details

Feature to turn on/off audio played to handset while on headset
Symptom:

If you hear closely, the phone will play the audio to headset and handset simultaneously
at all times.

Conditions:

It happens on all phones until firmware 8.3(5)

Workaround:

None

StatusStatus
Terminated             

Severity Severity
6 - enhancement

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 Series         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
8.3(5)
8.5(2)

If the handset is "On Hook" with the volume down a bit the problem doesn't seem to bother our users

who use the CS55 (I use one as well)

Cheers!

Rob

many thanks for taking the time to respond.  i will forward this info onto our userbase.  hopefully at some point in the future the software will be modified to prevent this from happening . . .

thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: