cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Extension Mobility

RoyalPlastics
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am setting up Extension Mobility for the first time with a Call Manager 6.1 system.

When I log into another phone, the ext does switch to my primary one but when I try to call my extension my regular desktop phone rings and not the phone with extension mobility.

I have a 7940 phone on my desk with ext 1061. I also have a 7921 configured with Extension Mobility. I can log into the 7921 fine, it will reset and take the extension number of 1061 of my desktop phone. When I place a call from the 7921 it looks like it is coming from 1061 and I can access my voice fine. When I try to dial my ext number either by direct dial or extension number though only my desktop phone rings and not the 7921.

Am I missing what Extension Mobility is supposed to do or am I making a rookie mistake? Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the DN 1061 on the phone and the device profile in the same parition? In order for both of them to ring at the same time that needs to be the case.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the DN 1061 on the phone and the device profile in the same parition? In order for both of them to ring at the same time that needs to be the case.

Chris

RoyalPlastics
Level 1
Level 1

That was it Chris!

Wow thanks so much, a 5 minute fix that would have taken me a very long time to find.

Thanks

Glad it worked for you.

Please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: