Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Issues ad-hoc conferencing Cisco and Avaya phones together

I have a Definity G3 system and a CUCM 10.x system.  They are connect through 3 standard ISDN (not QSIG) T1 ties to a Cicso H323 voice gateway.  I am using the software media resources on CUCM for Cisco-side conferencing.  Regular calls work correctly, but here is my issue. 

When I have a call going between a Cisco phone and an Avaya phone and I try to conference in another Cisco phone, the Avaya call gets dropped as soon as I hit the CONF button a second time to bridge the calls together.  This happens regardless of whether I start with 1 Cisco and 1 Avaya and try and pull in a 2nd Cisco or whether I have 2 Ciscos and try to pull in an Avaya. 

I can conference multiple Cisco phones without any trouble. 

To make things stranger, if I have the same call going with 1 Cisco and 1 Avaya and I hit CONF on the Avaya phone, I can pull in a second Cisco phone successfully.  Not only that, but when I hang up the Avaya phone that bridged the call, the two Cisco phones stay connected to each other (I'm assuming this is a setting on the Avaya system).

On the Avaya side, when the Avaya phone gets dropped, you see a Denial Event 1197 error.  On the Cisco side I see a Disconnect Cause 47. 

Anyone have any thought on what might be causing this? 

2 REPLIES

Cause code 47 means resource

Cause code 47 means resource unavailable. I would make sure that the Cisco phone that is going to do the conference has a conference bridge resource available to it. 

Please rate useful posts.

I found the issue.  It turns

I found the issue.  It turns out that I had forgotten to put a voice class codec on my voip dial-peers back to CUCM, so my phone > gateway call legs were using G729a.  As soon as I changed the dial-peers to G711 conferencing started working. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content