Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in RTMT

Hi All,

I have an issue with my RTMT, when I tried to pull the logs for the particular time say 9:00 to 11:00, I am receiving only one file and that file has the traces starts from 13:00. This is one example only, what I mean to say is I am not getting the traces for the requested time. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Lajith

9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Lajith,This is probably

Hi Lajith,

This is probably because the traces are not present for the time 9.00 - 11.00. The only traces present are from 13.00. This could be because the traces got overwritten due to the volume of calls.

To confirm  whether RTMT is making a mistake, I suggest you list the trace files present on the server by using the CLI.

Go into CLI

admin: file list activelog cm/trace/ccm/sdi(sdl)/ date detail

This command will give you the details of the CCM trace files present and the time that they were written.

For the location of all other trace files, here's a document. https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/65651/communications-manager-rtmt-trace-locations-cli

What is the CUCM version? By default, in 9.x, the CCM traces are in detailed mode.

Hi Sreekanth, I have executed

Hi Sreekanth,

I have executed the commands but no luck, here is the output

admin:file list activelog cm/trace/ccm/sdi
dir count = 0, file count = 0
admin:
admin:
admin:file list activelog cm/trace/ccm/
<dir>   Proglogs
<dir>   calllogs
<dir>   sdi
<dir>   sdl
dir count = 4, file count = 0

CUCM Version : 8.5.1.16102-1

RTMT Version : 8.72(007)

Thanks

Hi Sreekanth, Sorry. My

Hi Sreekanth,

Sorry. My mistake, I should had login to subscribers. The earlier output was from publisher. I see as per the subscriber the logs are overwritten.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Hi Lajith,Yes, since the logs

Hi Lajith,

Yes, since the logs are overwritten, you cannot pull the older ones anymore.

Thanks

Sree

Hi Sreekanth, Can we increase

Hi Sreekanth,

Can we increase the log buffer size? 

Thanks,

Cisco Employee

Hi Lajith,Yes, you can

Hi Lajith,

Yes, you can increase the log buffer size, and the number of files recorded as well. But increasing the buffer size can put a strain on the CPU. Increasing the number of trace files can cause more disk space to be utilized.

Another alternative that you can approach is to dump the logs to SFTP server regularly so you can then review the traces and delete if not required.

Thanks

Hi Sreekanth,It would be

Hi Sreekanth,

It would be great if you could explain how we can increase the buffer size and configure sftp to dump the logs.

Or please provide me the document where I can refer it.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

The size of the files and no.

The size of the files and no. of files can be changed in the Trace -> Configuration page for the Cisco Call Manager service. You will see the two fields under the rest of the various checkboxes.

Here's a guide to scheduling trace collection.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/ccmsrva/ccmsrva/sartmttc.html#wp1090215

Cisco Employee

Hi Lajith,There are no files

Hi Lajith,

There are no files present in the sdi directory. So the RTMT won't give you any result.

What about listing the contents of the sdl directory. What do you see there?

Is the CCM service activated?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content