Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Login on CUPC with CUPS

Tyler Durden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I resently had a fully working system using the following software versions and configuration:

CUCM Version: 8.5.1.12900-7

CUPS Version: 8.0.0.39051-20

Active Directory

DNS

LDAP

I have a single cluster using demo licences in a VMware lab enviroment. As said above it was all working fine untill we had some network changes today. 

Node 1

CUCM and CUPS

2 X CUPC Cliants plus 2 X Cisco IP Phones

Node 2

2 X CUPC Cliants plus 2 X Cisco IP Phones

I have a simulated core network emulating a WAN and today we intraduced a couple more devices resulting in increased network hops. At present the network seems to be working as it should and I can ping everything from everwhere. I also have the CallManager up and phones registering local on Node 1 and also phones registering on the remote Node 2. I can make calls between all the devices as well.

The problem I now have is on the remote node both CUPC clients get the following error when trying to athenticate: "Login Failed"

The two clients I have on the local node authenticate fine and I have Presence and IM working as it should.

Any help or ideas would be much apreceated indeed as I have to get this working first thing tomorrow AM

Many thanks

Lee

Login Vailed.png

3 Replies 3

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1- Make sure from your username and password which you are using are correct .

2- on CUPS , make sure that you use the IP address of prescense not the name.On CUPS system -system topolgy - make sure on node configuration (you use the Ip address not the nameof CUPS).

3-On CUCM - system - application server - make sure that you use the IP address of your CUPS not the name .

4-Make sure that the users synchronize between your CUCM and CUPS correctly.

5-If you use LDAP integration , please find the below:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgldap.html

6-Please make sure on CUCM  system-licensing-capabilties assignment - and select your users and selec the below

Enable UPS and Enable UPC.

7-Restart on your CUCM ,CTI manager. On your CUPS , please restart  Cisco UP XCP Router Service , UP XCP Message Archiver Service.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From the remoteCUPC  client, can you browse to https:///cupuser   and log in successfully?

that way you know authentication and connectivity are not at fault.

also can you attach the client log

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Tyler Durden
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guy's

I'll have anougher look when I get in latter, I have allready had this working 100% so I think my issue is DNS or AD maybe. Since the aditional kit was intraduced to the network something may be blocking it, IP conectivity seems fine as I can reach everthing and CallManager Phones are up and working fine.

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: