Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ITS Pantel doorphone with FXS disconnects after pickup

Hi,

I've got a 2811 with a VIC2-2FXS card. 1 port is connected to a ITS Pantel 1 button doorphone.

The doorphone is programmed to dial a 4 digit extension.

The router has a voip dialpeer to point to the callmanager (version 7).

The ipphone rings but as soon as the call is answered, the call is disconnected.

If I connect a normal analog line to the same FXS port, and dial the 4 digit extension everything is working fine.

An incoming call to the doorphone is also working fine. The doorphone automatically picks up

and the call is established.

When I use a ATA, all is working fine as well.

Any idea on how to solve this? WHich debug commands can I run to try and determine the cause?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

7 REPLIES

Re: ITS Pantel doorphone with FXS disconnects after pickup

Hi Jeroen,

There are a few things to try:

1) Maybe it's a DTMF issue. Try configuring a PLAR CSS/partition for the number the phone is programmed for, and let the DTMF digits do nothing.

2) Maybe the phone doesn't like something the router is sending. Try 'no caller-id enable' and 'no battery-reversal' and shut/no shut the port.

hth,

nick

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I have tried connection plar with my 4 digit number and removed the programming on the doorphone so it is not sending anything. The exact same thing is happening then. -> the ipphone rings, but call is disconnected if I pick up.

I will give your option 2 a try and let you know the result.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi,

I finally got round to testing option 2, it is giving the exact same issue.

ANy other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeroen

If you've confirmed that it's not DTMF or battery reversal/caller-id, you may want to open a tac case on this.

Very hard to say by speculation.

-nick

Hi,

If I configure the port via mgcp (POTS), the first call does not disconnect. The second call I try just gives me dial tone, but nothing happens.

It is only when I configure it via h323 that I have the disconnect issue.

How can I configure the port via h323 so that it has the same config it would have as when I use mgcp?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi,

I managed to resolve the issue by adding the command no battery-reversal to the voice-port

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Excellent! There are tons of issues solved by turning that command off. Glad I could help.

-nick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content