cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR Prompt Error - TCL Script

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

I'm trying to get the 'clid_authen_collect' built in script working. I continue to get the below error.

" enter_account.au

errno=0=Unsupported samples per secondpr"

I used Audacity to create prompts with below specifications:

Default Sample Rate: 8000Mhz

Default Sample Format: 32-bit float

Uncompressed Export Format: AU Sun/Next 8-bit Ulaw

channels: 1 (mono)

FFT Size: 64

Can someone who's created prompts in the au format let me know what exact specs the router wants in order to execute the prompt.

thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you need DSPs.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

the specs are as follows

codec- G711ulaw

8 kHz

8 bit

Mono

other than that, im not too familiar w/Tcl, so im not sure why you are having an issue.

Appreciate the quick response. Do you know of another recording utility that I can use to create the .au audio files?

Im not really sure, like I say, Im not too familiar with this sort of thing, I just happened to know the spec, but Ive never had to make an actual recording.

Adobe Audition

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the problem is the sample format that I think should 16 bits, not 32.

Anyway, to record prompts in a simple way, you can use the recorder that I wrote:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm

You can use it with any voice device that can call the service one way or another.

EDIT: I haven't checked, it can very well that sample has to be 8 bits as mentioed above.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

HI Paolo.

I got a directory index denied when I tried to hit your page. I'd love to try your recorder out.

After my last post, I used the Switch Sound File Converte and I no longer get that error, but I still can't hear the prompt.

As always i'll rate the post before closing this issue out.

Regards,

BTW, last format that I save with Switch Sound File Converter was:

output format .au

codec: ulaw

sample rate 8000

channels mono

It doesn't give me the option under Ulaw to save as 16 bit. If I switch to PCM I could define 16 bit.

Paolo,

I added /public to URL and was able to get in.

However I took one of your prompts, renamed it and uploaded it. When I do a debug voice application media packet I see the prompt is active, but still no sound heard. Any ideas?

Attached is my config if you have time to look.

Hi, you need codec g711u for all and any DP that has tcl/ivr service with prompts.

Sorry, here's the correct url:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public

Also, if you download:

http://download-sj.cisco.com/cisco/access/tclware/debitcard-multi-lang-Cisco.1.1.0.2.zip

There's a lot of prompts in there that you can reuse.

finally remember that for "static" prompts, when prompts change, you ned to reload the router to load the new one. That is a current issue in IOS.

I'm trying to get your script to run. I really want to get this running as I have a real need for it. I loaded script and prompts in flash, rebooted, then configured applicaiton and voip dialpeers. When I call from one router over to this one, I am getting an error "Error Adding URL to Prompt list". Do you know why this happens? I've attached config and debug voice application error.

appreciate your help.

Please configure paramspace commands for the script.

Still no luck. Let me ask you, even though all calls to and from router running TCL are using G711, do I still need DSP resources? If so, does the router grab available DSP's (maybe to play the prompts) or do you have to have a transcoder setup?

sorry for the hassle.

Yes, you need DSPs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: