Views
Helpful
Replies

Java process huge memory usage

enrique.morales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone...

I have a CCM with Version 6.0.1.2000-3 and platform 7825I3.

Recently (1 week) I have unregistered phones, I check the network (0 problems) and I found a memory problem. My server has 2 gb and I have actually 1.99 Gb of use. In the list of the process, the top process is the Java#1 with 1 gb of memory.

So, any of you could help me in order to give some tips to resolve this. I already attach the image of the list process geerated in the RTMT.

Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Enrique,

glad it helped! our cimserver consumes about 11MB VmRSS and 280MB VmSize after the patch.

i think the java process is actually the tomcat application server for callmanager, since callmanager is a java program.

so don't worry, the VmRSS 230MB and VmSize about 1GB is fine. java does not release the max heap size, hence the java memory usage should be pretty constant.

best regards, Oliver

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue on our CUCM 6.01 server, to fix this issue, I ensure that all traces levels were set to the default (error) and rebooted the cluster.

Actually, I have all the defaults applied to the server, but the behavior appear to be the same, any hint?

Thanks again for your time and support!!

Enrique

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i think you are facing the bug CSCsl71487 with the snmp memory leak in cimserver. there is a hotfix workaround available you can use with 6.01 which restarts the cimserver every sunday.

otherwise you can update to 6.1.2 ES which has fixed the bug.

hope this helps!

Hi!!! Thanks for your support, I'm gonna try the patch first tonigh, and tomorrow I'll reply with the results.

Thanks again!!!

Enrique

Can't locate the patch!!! Do you have te exact URL to download it???

Thanks again!!

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

according to the bug description the cop file ciscocm.hardware.snmp.sw.memory.leaks.workaround.1.cop.sgn is located in the download section of CUCM. however, i did not found it.

maybe you have to open a tac case for special file access.

because we have faced the same problem, i have attached a copy of cop file to this thread.

Oliver

Thanks a lot Oliver, let me try installing this patch, and I'll reply the results.

Regards,

Enrique

Oliver: I install the patch, and actually the memory usage for the cimserver goes down incredible, but I still have the java as the highest mem eater..

I'll restart the server tonight... but maybe you have any other idea about the java process. I attach the process list on the RTMT

Best Regards!!

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

glad it helped! our cimserver consumes about 11MB VmRSS and 280MB VmSize after the patch.

i think the java process is actually the tomcat application server for callmanager, since callmanager is a java program.

so don't worry, the VmRSS 230MB and VmSize about 1GB is fine. java does not release the max heap size, hence the java memory usage should be pretty constant.

best regards, Oliver

Actually this problem was resolved, the procedure that Oliver told me, reduces the memory consumption.

In fact, the origin of the problem was an IP duplicated :S

Thanks a lot for your help and time Oliver!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: