Views
Helpful
Replies

jtapi

eric.bias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

just want to know something about call routing.

if you have two user tapi and associate them the same cti route point.

how call routing is made. if call arrive on this cti route point, does load balancing take place?

how call is routing?

which tapi takes the call?

Best regards

2 Replies 2

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Eric,

The CTI Route Point is just a pointer. JTAPI will hand the call off to a configured CTI Port or Ports that the JTAPI user is associated with. The CTI Route Point is just a device to assign a directory number. Therefore if there are two calls into the same Route Point, each call will be handed

off to two separate CTI Ports.

I'm developing a system where it can sends RTP streams through a CTI port on the CallManager.

The problem is tha I cannot call the CTI port.

I can register it, add the observers but I can't receive any CallControlConnEv from the cti's address.

In my jtapi code, I'm trying to call from an IP Phone to that CTI port. I don't dial on the phone, it's just code.

If I add only an Observer to the cti's terminal, I can receive the CallCtlConnEv from the cti's address, but i cannot accept and answer the call because there is no CallObserver on the address (Address OUT_OF_SERVICE).

But if I put a CallOBserver on the cti's address, I cannot receive any CallCtlConnEv....just those from the IP Phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: