Helpful
Replies

Jump upgrade 7.1.5-9.1 - Callmanager service not starting

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm doing jump upgrade of a CUCM 7.1.5 cluster to 9.1

Currently I'm at the stage where I installed a new virtual CUCM 7.1.5 cluster with the same parameters as current cluster and applied DRS restore with the backup made on the currently active 7.1.5 cluster.

All went well so far, all the settings are there, but I have noticed that Callmanager service is not starting on both virtual servers.

Is this expected or is there something wrong?

Tommorow I plan to continue with upgrade to 9.1.2 of the virtual cluster but I' not sure wheter the current situation is good to go or not.

One thing I noticed too late was that I was supposed to change the virtual machine type to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 32bit before installing CUCM 7.1.5 and then change it to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 before upgrade to 9.1. Is this significant and perhaps the reason for the services not starting?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Regards. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're never supposed to start the services while on 6.X or 7.X, you just install, DRS restore, install COP and upgrade to 9 THEN you will get the services running.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're never supposed to start the services while on 6.X or 7.X, you just install, DRS restore, install COP and upgrade to 9 THEN you will get the services running.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

So can I continue with the upgrade to 9 or has the starting of the services (all the other services have started normally) messed up the installation?

Regards.

No, you can continue, but if you look at the guides, it was never mentioned to start any services.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime.

Hi Kasper

Can you advice pls how you manage to install the licenses for version 7.x into vmware and then from there to proceed with the upgarde to 9.x? 

Regards
Chrysostomos

""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Chrysostomos,

Hope all is well buddy

The license migration and ability to build 7.x on VM as part of the migration are

all part of the Drive to 9 "Jump" upgrade from 7.1.3/7.1.5 to 9.1.2

This is a new simplified upgrade process that is detailed by Amit here.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/ip-telephony/blog/2013/05/20/drive-to-9

And more specifically in the attachment below from Vijay.

Cheers!

Rob

Attachments:

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

Rob

Long long time

I am very well my friend , and i hope and you also

Another one time you show me the correct path

I dint know about this new process .Thank you very much for another one time (5* to you)

Regards
Chrysostomos

""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

There's no license migration to 6.X or 7.X for the jump upgrade procedure, you're not supposed to start the services or register devices to the cluster while it's being upgraded, services will start automatically once you are on 9.1(2), and you can register devices after the final DRS restore on clean VMs.

HTH

java

HTH

java