Views
Helpful
Replies

Language package for CUE

afo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to update CUE language without using the software clean install, but only software install add.

My CUE is ISE (UC540) in version 8.6.1

Initially, my CUE was in French Version. I uploaded UK English package and after CUE reboot, I was forced to remove French package cause when accessing to voicemail, French language was keept. English package was the default one after the second CUE reboot

So, I retried the test..reuploading the French package...and after CUE reboot, the new uploaded package was taken..without removing English package.

So,

How are managed package priorities ?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

conf t

voicemail default language xx_zz

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Arnaud,

Are you looking to add a second language to the cue (have both english and french)? Are you using an AIM-CUE or NM-CUE? I think its a bit more complicated with an aim-cue (free up enough space for both). Either way, have a look at the two documents below and see if theres something in there versus what you're doing thats not matching.

If I can point you to these articles, they may be helpful: Adding or Removing LanguagesLanguage Upgrade

Best,
David

Please rate helpful posts.

Hi Davis,

Thanks for your support

Yes, my CUE is limited to two languages, and it is ISE-CUE. In the first case, after the CUE reboot, I had both, english and french, but the last uploaded language was not the default one.
I have follow articles you have post.

But, my concern is, what is the language selected when you have many languages in the module ? Is it the last language uploaded ? Is it the first one in the list ? Can we configure it ?

Regards,

Arnaud

conf t

voicemail default language xx_zz

Hi Arnaud,

system language preferred xx_YY

Example:

se-10-0-0-0(config)# system language preferred en_ENU

Specifies the default language used for voice-mail prompts on the local Cisco Unity Express system.

•xx_YY—Specifies the default language used for voice-mail prompts on the local Cisco Unity Express system. See the Release Notes for Cisco Unity Express for a list of available languages.

It looks like you can also set it from the GUI  Voicemail -> auto attendant -> language -> select from drop down, or for voice mail under voicemail -> VM configuration, prompt language.

p.176 for further information.

Best,

David

afo
Level 1
Level 1

Ok Thanks,

Then, can I have, using "sh command" on CUE the max of supported languages packages ?

Is always 2 for UC5XX devices (ISE-CUE) ?

Regards,

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

Yes, 2 is the max number of languages for ise-cue.

Best,

David

Nice answers here David (+5 ) for this great work!

Just in case Arnaud ....

Languages Supported for Cisco Unity Express 8.6

Cisco Unity Express 8.6 supports 24 different languages for the  telephony user interface and the VoiceView Express user interface. The  GUI pages, command-line-interface (CLI) commands, and the Internet  Message Access Protocol (IMAP) interface are only available in English.

Multiple languages can be installed on the system at one time. You can  install up to five languages at one time on the NME-CUE, ISM-SRE-300-K9,  SM-SRE-700-K9, SM-SRE-710-K9, SM-SRE-900-K9, and SM-SRE-910-K9. You can  install up to two languages on the AIM2-CUE and ISE-CUE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/rel_notes/rel_notes86.html#wp306873

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Thanks Rob. I've learnt so much from your posts over the years. All the best to you.

Best,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: