cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP - Call Manager - Possible to change the phone number that is in AD on import

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a customer that wants to integrate LDAP with call manager

they are running 8.6.2

the question i have is this.

their AD currenty has the phone numbers as 316-XXXX

is there a way to tell call manager to just take the XXXX

or do they need to update their AD?

thanks!

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No there is not, it will display in corporate directory as it is imported from LDAP.  What you can do is configure translation patterns to strip digits, as long as that does not overlap with your existing dial plan. Your TP would be configured as 316.XXXX with strip preDot action.

HTH,

Chris

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

When sync is enabled you cannot modify any user information that is synchronized from the customer Corporate Directory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmsys/a04direc.html#wpxref25298

You will have to change on your LDAP Database.

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

thanks all!

thats what i was thinking.

they have attendant console running as well so i think i will have them change the AD side so it doesn't interfere with that

Why not use the custom filter on LDAP integration? Did I miss something here?

Thanks.

Well you could get you're AD guys to populate the ipPhone field in AD with your extensions. You'd have to redo your LDAP Directory in CM (as leonardotadeu suggested) but that's fairly simple.

I had to do this when I was told they didn't want to put extensions in the Email address book. Also had to do a custom filter to only bring in users with an entry in the ipPhone field, otherwise you'll get every damn entry in AD on your corporate directory.

Hi Gareth, i had to this too for CUCIMOC...

The filter like the name is only a filter that will bring the information according to what you set for the sync Jjia.

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Correct, filter does not adjust any information being imported, it is merely a way to control what users get imported based on its criteria.

Chris

Right, I was mixed with unity connection extension convertion.

On cucm, I normally either use translation pattern or ask ad guys to change or run script to import to iPhone attribute as mentioned above.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: