Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Filtering Syntax

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

HI Friends

Currently i have configure LDAP in cucm for our corporate directory. Since in the ldap server have the user without extension. We want to filter that user have no ext number to be not appear in our corporate directory. We have apply below syntax but its not works. May i have some advise from cisco members regarding on the syntax?

The syntax.

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))IPphone=*))

Our cucm version is 9.1.1.20000.-5

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your filter is not correctly formatted..

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))IPphone=*))

should be

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer)(IPphone=*)))

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi Aokanlawon

Thank you very much for your help. After i apply the new syntax you give its still promt the syntax has an error.

Please try this..

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(ipPhone=*)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi Aokanlawon

Seem i have a luck to save it today with the new syntax but after done synchronization and verify the corporate directory i found the user without ext still display.

are you sure you are using the ipPhone field to puplate phone numbers. Are you using another field eg telephoneNumber field..Please confirm with your AD guys

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: