Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP integration with UC 7.0

azeemo157
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

I have a customer who wants to syncronize his LDAP with UC 7.0. He has a windows AD 2003 server. His requirement is as such

He has a container in the AD called Offices which lists 7 different Branches. Each of this Branch is a seperate Container which has users and Computers as the search base. now the customer requirement is to ONLY synchronize 2 from the Above 7 to UC. ie) users only from 2 branches from the above 7 should show in CCM.

Now how will i give the LDAP distinguished name because if i give cn=office,cn=users,dc=xyz,dc=com then it will show all of them is there a way to achieve WITHOUT altering the AD

Thanks a LOT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In UC 7.x you can have multiple LDAP directory configured. Since you needs only 2 of the 7 OU, you can configure these 2 OU seperately and UC will merge the users from these 2 OU and you will see the users from these 2 OU only.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In UC 7.x you can have multiple LDAP directory configured. Since you needs only 2 of the 7 OU, you can configure these 2 OU seperately and UC will merge the users from these 2 OU and you will see the users from these 2 OU only.

Thanks,

Hi parshah

thanks for the prompt reply. As i am not so familiar with microsoft i just want to know how do i put in the LDAP distinguished name, So from the scenario as pointed out i need only two branches Dubai and Abudhabi so should be the distinguished name be

1)cn=dubai,cn=users,dc=xyz,dc=com

2)cn=auh,cn=users,dc=xyz,dc=com

or should i put the above in the user search base ? Also by having Multiple LDAP Directory configured u mean after i add the first i just click Add new and give the parameters with the same LDAP ip rite ?

thanks a Lot

You can also go from the top of the Domain and do a Explicit Deny for the OU that you do not want to sync.

So you will have only one Directory to sync which is cleaner. So later down the road you only have to allow access to the account in other OU for them to sync.