Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP intergration with unity connection & cucm

Hasrat Raja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I will be integrating Unit connectoin with LDAP, after intefgration with LDAP what will be the impact on existing users voice mails & passwords

Any othe issues I need to be aware of ?

I already have integrated LDAP with cucm, what will be the impact when I enable LDAP Authentication ?

Thanks

hasrat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, if the user alias matches in UCON and LDAP the accounts will be converted to AD integrated, if they do not match within 48 hours the accounts will be converted to local stand alone mailbox accounts, unlike CUCM where users get removed completely if they don't match.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All passwords will be authenticated against LDAP so current CUCM/UCON web passwords will no longer work and users will need to use their AD passwords.

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for your reply, what about existing voice mails, will they be deleted ?

thanks

hasrat

No, if the user alias matches in UCON and LDAP the accounts will be converted to AD integrated, if they do not match within 48 hours the accounts will be converted to local stand alone mailbox accounts, unlike CUCM where users get removed completely if they don't match.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: