Views
Helpful
Replies

License Expired

csco11030279
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ;

i got my CCM license expired, I was working with demo (60 day) , after I installed

UWL-STD-PAK for 20 users I tryed to remove the extra IP phones but i got this message

Error occurred. One or more record did not get deleted. The system has exceeded its time limit to resolve license non-compliance issue. No more provisioning operations are allowed until the license compliance issues are resolved.

9.1 CUCM

15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, if you did not remove your extra phones in time your only option now is to either get adequate number of licenses or get temp licenses from Cisco to get some more time to remove extra phones.

HTH,

Chris

I tryed to get demo license but cisco web site reject

See the message here

There is also the option to reboot your server then you will have 24 hours to make the changes to put yourself back into compliance. 

I have inherited a similar problem, where I just need to correct a configuration problem to bring it into compliance, but I'm locked out. Can you tell me which service/component/vm needs to be restarted to provide the provisioning time window before it locks me out again? Or do I need to restart everything?

what William mentioned was rebooting the Publisher not the service. That will extend the licenses for one day.

In order to get the licenses to compliance, please check the distribution of licenses and see whether you could manipulate a bit. Can you provide the screenshot of license usage page and license summary from ELM and CUCM to see whether we could do something by associating users and do a sync.

HTH

Rajan

I've had a look at the licensing and the problem is that (presumably by mistake) two devices (phones) have been associated to a single user. Therefore the system wants an Enhanced Plus license, which we don't have (we did have a temporary Enhanced Plus license, but it has long since expired). We have plenty of Enhanced licenses and I believe that all I need to do is associate each of the phones with their own user.

I'm new to this and am still developing an understanding of the architecture, configuration, and general operation. How do I gracefully reboot the publisher? (the installation documentation doesn't say anything about subscribers, so there might not be any in this install) Will that interrupt calls? It's installed on a BE6K with a few VMs. I assume call processing is handled by a service on one of those, but how do I identify which?

TIA -JP

Then all you need to do is associate phones with the corresponding end users and make sure the owner user id selected on the phone configuration page is right and update license usage in cucm, synchronize the licenses in ELM. That will fix the issue and no need for reboot as such

HTH

Rajan

That's exactly what I want to do. However, when I change the owner user ID on the phone configuration page and then click save I receive this status message:

Update failed. The system has exceeded its time limit to resolve license non-compliance issue. No more provisioning operations are allowed until the license compliance issues are resolved.

Which is why I think I need to reboot in order to extend the licenses so I can save the changed owner id of the device. Am I missing something?

JP

Hi,

you can reboot the CUCM using one of the following:

1) Via SSH
ssh <CUCM IP Addr>
utils system restart

2) Via HTTP

http://<CUCM IP Addr>/cmplatform
In Settings > Version > click the Restart button

To check if you have CUCM Subscribers:

1) In http://<CUCM IP Addr>/ccmadmin > System > Server ... click the Find button

If you have only one CUCM and restart the server then
1) Internal calls (IP Phone to IP Phone) will not be interrupted
2) External calls will be interrupted

Hope this helps

Rebooted, reassigned, updated usage, and synced. It's all good now.

Thanks Rajan and Marcelo.

could i do it several time ??

yohanes1187
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same issue, has there any solution for this issue yet?

Thank you.

Be more initiative, innovative, and creative

Hi,

As suggested by Chris in discussion ,Did u try to get in touch with Licensing Team to get the eval licneses issued  so that you can delete users and add the permanent license file?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Yes. I already get in touch with Licensing Team and it has already been solved.

Thank you very much for your kindly support.

Regards,

Yohanes Hartonosmiley

Be more initiative, innovative, and creative
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: