Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

License file issue after Unity migration to new hardware

Does anyone know the procedure for re-installing pre-existing license files on a Unity server that has been migrated to new hardware? When I try to install the license files that existed on the old hardware I get and error about the MAC address of the registered server not matching my new server. That's obvious becasue its not the same machine. How do I get my lisence files to correspond to the MAC address of my new server?

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: License file issue after Unity migration to new hardware

Hi Evan,

Here's how to get a new license that is tied to the MAC of the new box;

If a customer's NIC fails (or you are building a new server), how do they receive a replacement license?

A. The licensing team handles switching licenses. Send an email to licensing@cisco.com with the old NIC address and the NIC address from the new server. Explain why you are switching servers. The licensing team deactivates the license associated with the old server and re-issue it for the new server.

From this good licensing doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_qanda_item09186a0080094ce5.shtml#q14

Hope this helps!

Rob

Re: License file issue after Unity migration to new hardware

Thanks so much.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content