cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License Query on CUCM

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

How can I confirm via the CUCM server itself what licensing type I have on it, and available license for phones etc..?

Thanks

14 Replies 14

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What is the CUCM version u are using?

regds,

aman

Hi,

We are on 8.5

Thanks

We also have a seperate cluster running 6.3, some sort of Business Edition.

How do I also find out available license for this?#

Thanks

Hi,

From Cisco Call Manager Administration ----> System --->Licensing ----> License Unit report.

You will get Phone license feature  with Units Authorised, Units Used and units remianing.

Same u would get for CCM Node license feature.

regds,

aman

Thanks for that.

When buying phones, do they need to come with licences or can i just buy the phone if the CUCM has units remaining?

Hi,

If u have enough licenses[Device license unit {DLUs} ] , then, u can just buy phones.

regds,

aman

I have checked and I have 400 units remaining.

Does this mean I can buy any phones without licences now and register them on the CUCM?

Hi,

Number of units consumed depends on IP phone Model.

You need to refer DLU calculator. Please refer the discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/293098

regds,

aman

Thank You for your help.

Last query :-)

I'm trying to figure out how many DLU a CP-6945 requires but can't see it on the calculator or within the System / Licensing / Calculator.

Any ideas where I can get this info?

Hi,

I think it would consume at least 3 units.

You can to System---licensing----License unit calculaotr and find for the 6945 model.

regds,

aman

Hi,

When looking on my CUCM 8.x version - I can see 6945 under licensing calculator.

However when looking on my other cluster (6.x) there is not 6945 listed under Licensing Calculator.

Does this mean I cannot use these  phones on my 6.x Cluster?

Hi,

You require min. CUCM version 7.1(2) to support 6945.

Please refer the datasheet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10326/data_sheet_c78-637812.html

Signaling protocol support

The phones are supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition Versions 7.1(2) and later, compatible with both Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP

Please let me know what is the number of DLU it is showing for 6945.

regds,

aman

Hi,

Thank you.

4 DLU was showing on my CUCM 8.x for the 6945.

Thanks again

thanks for the ratings....

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: