cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License upload fails for Sub in CER 7.0

tomslobodnik
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upload the licenses for my publisher and subscriber for Emergency Responder 7.0.3. I am able to load the license file for the publisher just fine; however, when I go to upload the license file for the subscriber I get the following error message, "License file validation Status: License upload failed. Subscriber is not reachable." I'm able to ping the subscriber from the publisher and the subscriber is setup on the publisher with the correct name and ip address. Not sure what else I need to check so that I can upload the license file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

I'm wondering if you may have followed the Install Guide that gives the wrong info. It may manifest

itself in many ways;

CSCte45107 Bug Details Bug #1 of 11 | < Previous            | Next >

CER allows IP in "Add Subscriber" hostname field - upgrd data loss posbl
Symptom:
Logging in to CER subscriber's webpage doesn't properly report that the CER Pub is active and that admin tasks should be performed there.

Upgrading the CER cluster can all of the configuration data such as ERLs, etc to be lost, overwritten with a default configuration.

Conditions:
An IP address was entered in the "HostName" field instead of a hostname on the System->Add Subscriber page in CERAdmin.

Workaround:
Delete the subscriber server referenced by IP address and re-add it with the proper hostname:

- go to System -> Server Settings
- click Subscriber
- click Delete Server (takes several minutes to process - be patient)
- System -> Add Subscriber
- enter hostname (i.e. CER-SUB), click Insert
- Run fresh install of sub using CER media

Further Problem Description:
With the resolution of this defect the Hostname field on the System->Add Subscriber page will do input validation to ensure that only a valid hostname is entered, not an IP address
Status
Fixed             

Severity          
2 - severe

Last Modified
In Last month        

Product
Cisco Emergency Responder         

Technology

1st Found-In
7.1(1.10000.5)
7.0(3.10000.7)       

Fixed-In
8.0(1.10000.5)
8.0(1.39000.2)
7.1(1.10101.5)

This bug relates to this second one;

CSCte45482 Bug Details Bug #3 of 11 | < Previous | Next >

CER subscriber install doc incorrectly states to enter hostname and IP
Symptom:
The CER installation instructions for installing a CER Subscriber incorrectly state in Step 1c to "Enter the
hostname and IP address of the new Subscriber."

Conditions:
Installing a CER Subscriber and referencing the following document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/7_1_1/english/administration/guide/e911inst.html#wp1043207

Workaround:
This is incorrect because only the hostname is entered. The system then determines the IP address. The IP field is not entered by the admin nor can it be edited.

Using an IP in the hostname field can result in the situation documented in CSCte45107

Status
Fixed             

Severity        
3 - moderate

Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product

Technology

1st Found-In

Fixed-In
8.0(1.10000.3)

Just thinking out loud here Tom

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you logging into the web admin interface directly on the CER Subscriber (https:///eradmin)?  If not, that's the likely culprit.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I am logging into the publisher and using the drop-down menu on the licensing page to select my subscriber for the license upload. You're unable to login to the ER Administration while the publisher is active so I have to use the publisher to upload the license file for the subscriber. I've also checked the MAC to ensure that it is correct one for the subscriber in the license file. Any other ideas?

Have you checked to ensure that the database replication is healthy (from command shell on CER pub:utils dbreplication status)?  If you try to manage services on the CER subscriber from the publisher (Serviceability Tools>Control Center), can you do that?  Or do you receive a similar connectivity error?

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I ran the command in the CLI and everything appears to be fine, I've attached a copy of it's output below.

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
g_smfd_cer01_cer7_0_3_10000_7    2 Active   Local              0
g_smfd_cer02_cer7_0_3_10000_7    3 Active   Connected       0 Apr  1 15:15:02

I also attempted to manage the subscriber's services from the publisher but there wasn't a drop-down box to change between the two servers. The only services that I was given the option of controlling were the publisher's. Anything else I should try?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

I'm wondering if you may have followed the Install Guide that gives the wrong info. It may manifest

itself in many ways;

CSCte45107 Bug Details Bug #1 of 11 | < Previous            | Next >

CER allows IP in "Add Subscriber" hostname field - upgrd data loss posbl
Symptom:
Logging in to CER subscriber's webpage doesn't properly report that the CER Pub is active and that admin tasks should be performed there.

Upgrading the CER cluster can all of the configuration data such as ERLs, etc to be lost, overwritten with a default configuration.

Conditions:
An IP address was entered in the "HostName" field instead of a hostname on the System->Add Subscriber page in CERAdmin.

Workaround:
Delete the subscriber server referenced by IP address and re-add it with the proper hostname:

- go to System -> Server Settings
- click Subscriber
- click Delete Server (takes several minutes to process - be patient)
- System -> Add Subscriber
- enter hostname (i.e. CER-SUB), click Insert
- Run fresh install of sub using CER media

With the resolution of this defect the Hostname field on the System->Add Subscriber page will do input validation to ensure that only a valid hostname is entered, not an IP address
Status
Fixed             

Severity          
2 - severe

Last Modified
In Last month        

Product

Technology

1st Found-In
7.1(1.10000.5)
7.0(3.10000.7)       

Fixed-In
8.0(1.10000.5)
8.0(1.39000.2)
7.1(1.10101.5)

This bug relates to this second one;

CSCte45482 Bug Details Bug #3 of 11 | < Previous | Next >

CER subscriber install doc incorrectly states to enter hostname and IP
Symptom:
The CER installation instructions for installing a CER Subscriber incorrectly state in Step 1c to "Enter the
hostname and IP address of the new Subscriber."

Conditions:
Installing a CER Subscriber and referencing the following document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/7_1_1/english/administration/guide/e911inst.html#wp1043207

Workaround:
This is incorrect because only the hostname is entered. The system then determines the IP address. The IP field is not entered by the admin nor can it be edited.

Using an IP in the hostname field can result in the situation documented in CSCte45107

Status
Fixed             

Severity        
3 - moderate

Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product

Technology

1st Found-In

Fixed-In
8.0(1.10000.3)

Just thinking out loud here Tom

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

I looked over the document and we didn't use IPs in the name; however, I did remove the subscriber and readd it just in case something was done wrong during the configuration process. After adding the subscriber back into the server it still gives me the same error when I tried to add the license file for the subscriber. I can't believe I'm having such a hard time trying to add a simple license file.

So I fixed the issue I was having, I ended up having to upgrade both my publisher and subscriber to 7.1.1.2000-1. After upgrading both servers I was able to add the license file to the subscriber. I did have a couple of other quirks happen afterwards but two reboots fixed both issues. Hopefully this helps someone else with this issue.

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for following up with your resolution to

this issue. +5 for this kind gesture to help others

Sorry to hear this was all such a pain for you, but I guess

at least now you can move forward.

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: