Views
Helpful
Replies

Licenses 10.x

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Clarify my queries on upgrading

When upgrading call manager 7.0 to 10.0 should i need to order upgrading licenses(Note:We don have UCSS/ESW contract) ?

In our existing call manager totaly 1300  DLU,in that 250 DLU are unused,remaining DLU Used with phone model 796XX,since i dont have ucss subscription is it possible to migrate the licenses with NO cost.

How to calculate the DLU to UCL & CUWL conversion?

14 Replies 14

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

Without the UCSS contract they won't upgrade your licenses without paying for new licensing. Best thing to do is open a TAC case to migrate licenses and see what they can do for you.

What about up gradation should i required UCSS contract or need to order up gradation license?

Active UCSS is required to be eligible for any major upgrade, so you will not be able to obtain upgrade license without either renewing your UCSS (and ESW as ESW is required for UCSS) or getting good deal for new licenses as Cisco has promo on these frequently.  I would suggest contacting either Cisco account team or local GOLD partner to assist you further.

Chris

[+5] to Chris.

You need to run the LCU report from  a PC which has reachability to CUCM 7.The LCU is downloadable from cisco site.

Share the same with licensing team which would have unused DLUs as well.these un-used DLUs would be converted to UCL Enhanced/Plus/CUWL Standard after u confirm.

After the licenses are provided , u need to uplaod in PLM.

regds,

aman

Aman, 

Is there any formula to calculate,i have seen one docs for ex:if customer bought 6000 DLU ,800 7960 phone used remaining unused 2000 DLU can convert to 400 UCL & 800 used DLU conver to 800UCL ,,this makes me confusion!!!!!!!!

Please have a look on attached tables, they will clarify your's queries regarding to licensing  .

Hope this helps you !!!

Suresh

Hi Siva,

The best would be to have run LCU report  on existing cluster . The excel file which u get consists [break-up of ] of Essential/UCL Enhanced/UCL Enhanced Plus /CUWL Standard licenses required after u  do migration to CUCM 9 or 10.

The same csv file consists of Un-unsed DLUs  as well.

You need to share the csv file along with UCSS/ESW contracts  to licensing team which would provide the licenses .Further, for Un-used DLUs , they would ask u for the conversion to Essential/UCL Enhanced/UCL Enhanced Plus/CUWL Std.

regds,

aman

Aman,

Incase of migration what should be done since i don't have UCSS/ESW contract.,while moving to UCS 220 i am planning to upgrade the CUCM 7.0 to 10.5.through PCD is it possible without UCSS i can migrate

Hi Siva,

while doing any major upgradation, u always require UCSS .

Through UCSS, u place order for CUCM version to be migrated through PUT[Product Upgrade Tool].

You get PCD media , through UCSS only.

regds,

aman

Cris,

In this case if i purchase a UCS server,i can install a fresh CUCM server through contract number i can migrate a Licenses .

UCS server does not provide any Cisco CUWL or UCL licenses, so you will still need to purchase new user licenses or perhaps renew your UCSS/ESW.

Chris

Cris,

Incase of migration what should be done since i don't have UCSS/ESW contract.,while moving to UCS 220 i am planning to upgrade the CUCM 7.0 to 10.5.through PCD is it possible without UCSS.

Even if you get your hands on PCD or attempt to do this the legacy way, with version 10 you will need to install and configure PLM licensing server (can be collocated with CUCM), and then migrate your existing DLU based licenses to the PLM server, this is a manual process requiring Cisco approval, and this is where you will fail without valid support. The new system will work for 60 days in demo mode, but then once the license expires you will be dead in the water.

Chris

Cris,

[+5]..., I understood clearly!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: