Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing in CallManager 5.0

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

hi

when ordering ccm 5.x, is it right that i can order endpoint licenses either by adding licenses under the ordering of endpoint cisco ip phone devices, each phone price plus its license price,

or by adding the device license units for each ip phone under the ordering of Callmanager configuration options itself?

in other words, do these two methods of licenses ordering applicable and are the same? what is the difference between both?

if they are variants with the same result, so do I proceed in obtaining the license files from cisco with the known procedure with the two ordering methods exactly the same?

thanks

10 Replies 10

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

any comments please?!

Hi, you have to order the CCM (HW + SW), the ip phones and the licences units you need.

For instance, if you need a ccm 5.0 with 10 7911H ip phones, you'll need to order:

Call Manager:

MCS7815I2-K9-CMA2, HW/SW CallMgr 5.1 7815-I2 Appliance, 0 Seats

LIC-CM5.0-7815-I1=, License CallMgr 5.0 7815-I1 Appliance

Ip Phones:

10 units: CP-7911G

Device licenses (very 7911G is 3 units, so you'll need 30 units for all the phones):

3 units: LIC-CM-DL-10=

You can find more info at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item0900aecd805009fc.shtml

Regards

Hope this helps, if so pls rate post

thanks icabrera I already read the link u posted and know how to order licenses by using the DLU's, but my question is that according to my post what i the difference between ordering by device units lic under CCM configuration options and ordering licenses under the order of the ip phones order config. which is something lik: (SW-CCM-UL-7970:Call Manager License for single 7970 phone)

are the two methods wih the same result?!

Hi, you use this licenses (SW-CCM-UL-7970) if you're going to order a 4.x ccm version. With 5.x versions you have to use the devices units licensing method.

So, depending on the version you'll use one or the other.

Hope this clarify you.

Regards

thanks for clarification so it is a matter of CCM version, so:

1. why the dynamic ordering tool of cisco does not prompt for a warning when ordering CCM 5.x with device licenses being added under each ip phone set order.

2. what cisco will deal with a submitted order like the case i mentioned above (with lic being ordered under each ip phone set)

thanks again for ur valuable help.

Hi,

I've used the dynamic configuration tool and I can't configure ccm with the ip phone together. So if you configure the ccm 5.x you'll add the devices licenses needed and if you configure the ccm 4.x you are not going to add any license regarding ip phone.

Regards

hi

I've used the dynamic configuration tool and I could configure ccm with the ip phone together. !!!!

Hi, can you tell me what code are you using to configure it?

sorry but that was not my inquiry, what i'm asking about is that is it possible to order device lic by either under ccm 5.x config. or under each device set configuration?

(i mean when ordering ccm 5.x, is the methods with the same result, since there is no warning when using either in dyn config tool)

and how cisco deals with an order submitted using device lic under the device order itself?

i hope to get clarification on this point

regards

please could someone help on my inquiries above ..... i hope to find answers that help

thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: