Views
Helpful
Replies

Line active without an IP phone?

itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Trying to figure out the best way to handle this. We are running CCM 4.2(3)

A staff member who worked at our office had a regular phone line assigned to her cisco IP phone. She then decided she wanted to work from home but wants to be accessible from her old number. I think the only way I can keep her old number "active" is to keep it registered to her physical IP phone and then have that line permanently call forwarded to her home number. This work but I can only seem to do it if I have her number associated with a physical IP phone.

Is there a way I can keep her number active without it being associated with an actual physical IP phone (and then call forward it to her home number)

I just want to take the physical phone out of the picture so I can use it elsewhere.

Thansks in advance for any help!

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter,

The easiest way at this point is to setup a translation pattern. Create a translation pattern with her internal DN, set the CSS to a PSTN CSS that will be allowed to call outbound, and set the Called Party mask to her home number with all the necessary access and LD codes.

Essentially her number is no longer an internal device but a system speed dial or redirect, I personally like to handle those with translation patterns. Of course there are other ways with CTI,Dummy Phones, Device Profiles, etc. but I prefer the Translation pattern.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Peter,

The easiest way at this point is to setup a translation pattern. Create a translation pattern with her internal DN, set the CSS to a PSTN CSS that will be allowed to call outbound, and set the Called Party mask to her home number with all the necessary access and LD codes.

Essentially her number is no longer an internal device but a system speed dial or redirect, I personally like to handle those with translation patterns. Of course there are other ways with CTI,Dummy Phones, Device Profiles, etc. but I prefer the Translation pattern.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

I will try that option. Thanks much!

i have the same issue,

when i use translation pattern with national

number(91818xxxXXXX) it works

but when i use international number like 9011XXXxxxxxxxx....

i just here the outside ready tone(not busy)

and it wont translate the number

any idea???!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: