Views
Helpful
Replies

line group and voicemail issue

pranav desidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

we have a pilot number for help desk for which we have 3 extensions in a line group , when no answered or busy call will hit voice mail . we have added a new extension to group , calls lands on phone in order mentioned in group but voice mail is not triggered to new phone . Remaining 3 phones work fine with voice mail . i have checked the partition , CSS , VM profile and are same as remaining 3 phones .

Please suggest me on this issue .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

On Unity connection user page, select the user created with the pilot Extension.

From menu select Edit -->> Alternate extension.

Click Add and than add the new agent's extension.

From the same menu select Edit -->> Message Waiting Indicators.

Than click add and add the same agent's extension.

That's should meet what you need.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,

Check and compare the Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings under the Line settings.

Associate end user to the line under the Line settings "Users Associated with Line".

Also import the user in Unity. 

Regards,

Venkatesh.

i have checked call forward and call pick up settings they are same as remaining phones , the pilot number is only extension imported to voice mail . extensions in group are not imported to VM or not associated with user in line configuration  

Hi.

Which version of Unity Connection?

What you are looking for is to let the new "agent" to listen to the same voicemail box as other agents?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Hi

version of unity is  8.6.2

yes we need to let new agent listen same voice mail  as other agents do .

Hi.

On Unity connection user page, select the user created with the pilot Extension.

From menu select Edit -->> Alternate extension.

Click Add and than add the new agent's extension.

From the same menu select Edit -->> Message Waiting Indicators.

Than click add and add the same agent's extension.

That's should meet what you need.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi

Issue has been solved by adding new extension in MWI . no number was added in alternate extension option , so was working fine without adding new extension also. 

Thanks a lot .

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Call forward settings on line are not used when call is delivered via line group, you need to use forward busy/no answer on the hunt pilot instead.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: