cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Line ID presentation setting

Hi

With regard to name and presentation settings you can define these settings on the route pattern, translation pattern, route list and device etc.

The documentation that I am reading states that these settings are accumulative in that the last device configured is used to overide all the other settings.

Now I was wondering how the actual settings are used are they set in the h323 and ISDN call setup messages as the call setup passes through the various hops along the path and as each hope routes the call it changes the setting fields in the call setup. This must be the case because if the first cluster sets the route pattern to connected party name and number as restricted and the final cluster for the route pattern sets the connected party name and number as allowed the calling phone will display the name and number of the called phone.

Also if the protocol does not allow name transportation along the path as I think in h323 trunks then the first hop along the path will remove it and it is no longer available the rest of the way to the destination number.

Any advise to clarify how the presentation fields actually get translated into the protocol interaction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

CCIE 3906

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Line ID presentation setting

If the flags set in the ISDN SETUP message that is sent to the telco. 0x0081 is allowed and 0x00A1 is restricted, then the problem is in telco side.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080237271.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content