Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Templates and BAT

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I need to BAGT in some phones with a Line Template on the first Line instead of an actual DN.  Can someone give me a high level overview on how to go about it?  BAT keeps saying I need digits for the Line instead of having text there.

Thanks,

All replies rated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You define a phone template, and the line you add to the template is a template line.

When you BAT in the phones, you specify a unique MAC for each handset and you specify a unique DN/partition combination - actual devices cannot have a 'template line'.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You define a phone template, and the line you add to the template is a template line.

When you BAT in the phones, you specify a unique MAC for each handset and you specify a unique DN/partition combination - actual devices cannot have a 'template line'.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to put a Line Template on an actual phone.  I looked at something wrong and thought it was possible!  DOH!