Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Linksys router with IP communicator problem

I am having a problem with on of my IP communicator users. She has cable internet and a Linksys WRT54G router. She can make a VPN connection and ping the CCM. The IP communicator, however, just sits on registering and never establishes a connection. If she bypasses the Linksys and connects her computer directly to the cable modem the IP Communicator works fine. What do I need to change on the Linksys to make it work? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

JJ

3 REPLIES

Re: Linksys router with IP communicator problem

I suggest turning off any security or port forwarding that may be configured on the Linksys. Try resetting the Linksys to factory default as well ... just make a backup so you can restore afterward.

The only security turned on is WPA for wireless security and no port forwarding is configured. Would wireless security caue any problems?

Not likely, but I would still suggest resetting the Linksys to factory default, and update the image to the latest. I have a WRV54G and had odd behavior (though related to a point-to-point VPN connection that kept dropping) - their support suggested the same approach to remove all variables.

Views
Helpful
Replies