Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Live Record question

I am considering an implementation of CME 4.3/7 with Unity integration instead of CUE. One of the requested features is Live Record. The CME Admin Guide says:

"The Live Record feature enables IP phone users in a Cisco Unified CME system to record a phone conversation if Cisco Unity Express is the voice mail system."

which implies to me that it is not supported in a Unity integration.

Does anyone know for sure if this is really the case?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Live Record question

Mike,

Looks like Live Record is supported with CME/CUE and with CUCM/Unity, but not with CME/Unity. See the following link which says:

"Live record is supported only when Cisco Unity is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) phone system."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag140e.html#wp1057024

Hope this helps.

Brandon

3 REPLIES

Mike,

Looks like Live Record is supported with CME/CUE and with CUCM/Unity, but not with CME/Unity. See the following link which says:

"Live record is supported only when Cisco Unity is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) phone system."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag140e.html#wp1057024

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you, Brandon.

That's the confirmation I was looking for

Mike

If i'm not mistaken, Live Record is actually a function of CUE not CME. If you are integrating with Unity, Unity would have to have such a feature as well. In other words its a function of the voicemail system, not the call processing system.

thanks,

JG

Views
Helpful
Replies