cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Auth Failed

kroeger242004
Level 1
Level 1

We have inherited a bunch of 7961 and I get a Load Auth failed everytime.. We are currently running 8.5.1 the load information is set as

SCCP41.9-1-1SR1S can anybody share any light to this?

thanks

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Delete the LSC certificate or perform factory reset.

HTH,

Chris

I have done factory reset still nothing

How about deleting the ITL cert? Go to Settings -unlock the phone (**#) -> Security --> Trust List --> ITL and delete it.

Chris

Shawn,

Doing a factory reset makes it worse. Because you are essentially defaulting the phone firmware to the firmware shipped from factory which I think is 8.3.2....Not all problems are solved by factory reset I learnt the hard way.

To upgrade to the firmware on the 8.5 servers which is 9.X series you need to hop first to 8.5.2. And from there you can jump to 9.X firmwares...

Please rate all useful posts

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is discussed in so many threads that you can search.

Must update to firmware 8.5.2 first.

Only after, you can update to any further firmware release.

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shawn,

As Paolo mentioned, the phone firmware MUST be upgraded to 8.5.2 first before going to 9.1.1 SR1. This is clearly mentioned in the release notes for firmware version 9.1.1 SR1

" For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(2)SR1 or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 9.1(1)SR1 or later. "

Therefore, it is always a best practice to read through the release notes guide of desired firmware version to avoid such issues. link to Release notes is always present on CCO page from where the firmware can be downloaded.

Hope it helps ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't believe factory reset downgrades firmware, it simply erases all configuration, certs, etc.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App