Views
Helpful
Replies

load balance outgoing calls between two mgcp gateways

valiegenus
Level 1
Level 1

dear All,

with referncing to the subject , please you help to be able distribute outgoing calls between tow  mgcp voice gateways, my problem , all calls goes through the first gateway listed in the route grou ,if i reverse the order ,the call will go through the first one,,

3 *CUCM :7.1.5.30000-1

2*Voice gateways:2911   ,IOS:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-3.T

i alreay have another two 2811 mgcp gateways and running fine in load balance mode subscribed with same clsuter but with primary subscriber ,but the gateway they have problem are subscribed with secondaru subscriber,,

your help is highly appreciated,,

thanks

11 Replies 11

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the secondary sub, check the "

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

it's already circular ,,

ok. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of both route group config ( working & non-working ) ? If it's more than a page, please save all the screenshots in MS Word file & then attach it here.

GP.

Working

Non Working

i have more details for you :

all route pattern used local route group and i have two sites ,each site users route their outgoing calls according Device pool wich assigned with theirr local route group and accordingly their local mgcp gateways, i have load balancing in outgoing calls of site a but haven't in site B , in the local route list i have standard loacl route group as you see inhere below :

i did a test scenario for side B ,by assigning a specific patern to side B route list(not local route liste ) and the load balance worked successfully , so is there a specific configuration if i use local route group, and will be a difference if i assignd the  sites route groups(one for each) in the local route list other than standard local route group ??

thanks

It should work the same with RL pointing to Local Route Group if the route group is the same, are you sure the same route goup is being invoked?

Perhaps you have device mobility enabled that messes this up?

Chris

I have no device mobility feature enabled ,,but i read somewhere in cisco documnets that the balance occured in the first route group of the route list , but doesn't in the second one, i mean if the route list has 3 RG , the balancing occurs in the first RG but does't in the others ,so how is that close to my case especially i have Local Route goup ,,

thanks

Can you confirm that under your device pool, you have selected the correct Route group for the local site. Can you send ccm traces..and let me know the calling and called number...

Please rate all useful posts

the problem that all outgoing calls goes through the first local gateway (A) but the other local gateway(b) doesn't route calls, when i inverse the local gateways into the local route group , the calls goes thr first one  (B) and gateway A reamain idle ,the algorithm is circular

thanks

another possibility is to devide user in two groups (device pool) and assign Local route group pointing to diffrent gateways.

This should work

Thanks Saurabh

i thought in this way , but i wanted to know why i encoutered this issue ,,

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: