I had over 700. But now I have it down to 20! This is what I did...
1. I looked for MAC's that have (mostly) the same beginning from the mismatch report & sorted by MAC. Copy MAC to notepad because you will need those MAC's later to remove phone load (beleive me). Not fun trying to remember MAC's.
2. Then I go to CUCM
a. Bulk Admin, Phones, Update Phones, Query (opens a page)
b. I put the first part of the MAC & [Find], that will give you more phones then you need but it beats putting them in one at a time.
c. You can widdle the amount of phones down if the phones are all in the same "Pool or Calling Search Space"
3. Click "NEXT"
4. Fill in "Reset" circle, check box "Phone Load Name", put phone load in space, then "Submit".
5. All phone selected in step 2 will reset, and the new load will start loading.
6. Phones already up to date will just restart but phones that need to upgrade will upgrade & that takes 10 minutes or so.
7. After phones are done upgrading you will need to remove the phone load if not they will not upgrade next time because that have that phone load in them.... SO this is how you BULK remove the phone load you just BULK'ed in...
8. Repeat step 2 & 3... yes do that BUT....
9. Leave the phone load BLANK & just Restart not Reset. This will remove the phone load without removing them individually.
10. FYI - if you "Peer Firmware Sharing*" check that box & enable aslo. May help in the future.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...