cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Breakout

silex
Level 1
Level 1

We have a single callmanager in the UK with users in Uk and Australia. We now need to setup local breakout for Australia on the Uk callmanager. Is there an easy way to do this? I have setup regions time zones, device pools and Another gateway for Australia.

There are no CSS and Partitions currently setup as there are no restrictions required.

2 Replies 2

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

If you are not currently using CSSs and Partitions you will need to create them. Then you can use them to control who has access to each gateway so calls route out local gateways.

A quick example setup (very basic):

All phones could be in a phone partition

The route patterns for calls going out in the UK could be in a UKgateway partition

the route patterns for calls going out in Australia could be in a AustraliaGateway partition.

setup a calling search space for phones/lines using the UKGateway that includes the phone and UKGateway partitions and setup a calling search space for phones/lines using the Australian Gateway that includes the phone and AustraliaGateway partition.

Apply the correct partitions and calling search spaces to each device and calls should only route out route patterns that are in their calling search spaces.

Many thanks,

I currently have about 20 route patterns for uk and i wanted to avoid having to create the equivalant amount for Australia. is there no alternative like have the access code for Aus users to be a 0 as opposed to a 9 for UK users

as the 0 isn't being used. Then i could create

a 0.@ route pattern into a partition for Aus?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: